Avery-Hardoll bulkmeters are precision made positive displacement liquid measuring instruments that maintain accurate metering over long periods
of operation. Simplicity of design together with sustained accuracy has led to widespread global use on aviation refuelling vehicles as well as master meters for use in calibration
• Positive displacement liquid measuring instruments.
• Unequalled performance in measurement to 0.1% accuracy.
• Free from installation effects
• 115 to 3870 LPM (25 to 850 GPM) flow rates
The positive displacement principle is the ONLY accurate method of measuring fluid flow. No other technology can achieve such accuracy because measurement becomes inferred, that is indirect and subject to assumption. The Avery-Hardoll® bulkmeter directly converts volume to rotational output with minimum scope for error and with minimal disturbance from surrounding conditions, eg. turbulence from nearby valves, bends, etc.
• The product enters the meter through the inlet manifold (1) and causes the rotor (4) to revolve by pressure on the vanes (3).
• The proximity of the rotor (4) to the body (2) forms an efficient seal, whilst the profile of the casing ensures that the vanes (3) are guided through the measuring crescent (5), where the volume of product is accurately measured.
• Product at line pressure fills the spaces between the inner (6) and outer (7) end covers providing pressure balanced inner end covers’ which are therefore protected from distortion due to changes in line pressure.
• An extension shaft driving through a pressure tight gland in the meter front cover, transmits the rotor revolutions to the calibrating gearing (8) which drives the counter (9).
Operational Specifications and Calibration :
Maximum working pressure: 10.5 bar (150 psi)
Test pressure: 21 bar (300 psi)
Temperature range: -28ºC to 100ºC
Volume per revolution:
• 2.27 litres (single capsule)
• 4.54 litres (double capsule)
• 6.82 litres (triple capsule)
Repeatability (typically): .02%
All meters are tested to 300 psi (21 bar).
Calibration adjustment: Is provided to minimize the meter error at any selected flowrate. Adjustment is stepless; no gear changing is necessary; the calibration
screw is easily accessible after breaking a seal and removing a sealing screw.
All meters are tested before dispatch: Meters are tested at a range of flow rates. Test certificates available upon request.
The fluid used for testing: Odorless kerosene.
Specific gravity: @ 60/60ºF, 15/15ºC = 0.8
Viscosity at 60ºF, 15ºC = 2.4 centistokes.
There are no reviews yet.